Thornton Parish Council and Sefton Council Neighbourhoods Team, would like to announce a series of aesthetic improvements to the Crescent shopping area. These measures are aimed to increase safety for both pedestrians and road users around this busy area. Upgrades will include the following:
1. Improvements to street lighting;
2. Provision of kerbed build-outs;
3. Provision of speed table;
4. Implementation of one-way system;
5. Replacement of street furniture (bollards, bench and planters).
These improvements will start to be carried out during April 2017 at a cost of around £29,000. This project comes after 10 years of planning. Hopefully it will ensure the area is safer for all users and help to increase footfall and use of the shops.