This website is run by Thornton Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% although some text may spill off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition softwareWe’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you may not be able to change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- you may not be able to listen to some of the website using a screen reader (including themost recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- the text won’t reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen readerWhat to do if you can’t access parts of this websiteIf you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or Braille:
- email thorntonpc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 07889 049 266
write to us at Thornton Parish Council, c/o 2F Kent Road, Southport, PR8 4BJWe’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.Reporting accessibility problems with this websiteWe’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact the Parish Clerk using the contact details above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
- email email@example.com
- call 07889 049 266
- write to us at Thornton Parish Council, c/o 2F Kent Road, Southport, PR8 4BJTechnical information about this website’s accessibilityThornton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-accessible sections are listed below.Issues with technologyNo ‘skip to main content’ option on any pages.
Text doesn’t reflow in single column when size of browser window is changed. It’s not possible for users to modify text spacing or line height.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing these issues and believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment when we next do a major redevelopment of the website, likely to be in 2 years.
Issues with PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be marked up so they’re accessible to a screen reader.
None of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 30th March 2021. The test was carried out by us. We selected a sample of pages to test.
our main website platform, available at https://thorntonpc.org.uk
This statement was prepared on 30th March 2021. It was last updated on 10th February 2022.